Women earn at least half of undergraduate and graduate degrees and comprise a substantial part of the workforce as well as the marketplace for products and talent. Currently, women are well-represented in entry and mid-level positions, although typically there is a drop-off in more senior-levels, including CEO and board directors. There is a desire to focus on women’s leadership topics and explore relevant issues that will reinforce the development of current and future women business leaders and close the leadership gap.
In addition to ensuring a seat at the table for all women, including women of color, building an inclusive company culture that advances all women is also important for advancing business results. This Council is a thought-provoking group where the evolution of emerging and best leadership practices and challenges for advancing women in the workplace will be shared by both female and male peers in an environment of trust. Discussion topics include:
- How has the strategic initiative of the focus of the advancement of women in the workplace impacted critical business results - not limited to revenue, but also innovation and talent related objectives?
- What have you learned from times of uncertainty and setbacks that you have experienced?
- What role will male leaders play in advancing female leaders throughout an organization? How do you build allyship across the organization?
- What ways have you gained confidence to go beyond your comfort zone? How do you inspire others and build “followership”?
- How do you ensure that women’s initiatives are inclusive of all women, including women of color?
- AbbVie Inc.
- Avnet, Inc.
- Boston Consulting Group, The
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- FirstEnergy Corp.
- Hilton Worldwide
- MasterCard Incorporated
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Moss Adams LLP
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Walt Disney Company, The
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources