Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights that help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
All aspects of innovation are on the table for our members, from the smallest tactical question to the biggest global issue. We are a preeminent network for companies with well-developed innovation functions. We share best practices and leading-edge ideas and provide advice to each other on how to solve problems and address opportunities. We discuss:
- Managing innovation portfolio
- Critical skills and knowhow for leading innovation
- Incremental vs. transformative innovation strategies
- External partnerships for added capacity, creativity and capability
- Developing a culture that supports innovation
- Hiring, coaching and rewarding innovators
Our meeting agendas are based on our members’ most pressing priorities. Recent meeting themes have included: Internet of Things, Culture of Innovation, External Innovation Ecosystem and the Resurgence of Manufacturing in the US Future topics include: Innovation Competencies; Key Processes and Tools; Metrics, Evaluation and Incentives in Innovation; Mobility and Transportation; and Design and Innovation.
The purpose of this Council is to enhance members' ability to make critical professional connections and gain new information, perspectives, insights and foresight that advance their organizations' innovation aspirations, strategies and results.
- 3M Company
- AAA Club Alliance
- ARCADIS US
- Acuity Brands, Inc.
- Andersen Corporation
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York
- Duquesne Light Company
- FM Global
- Georgia-Pacific Corporation
- Johns Manville Corporation
- McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Medtronic, Inc.
- Momentive Performance Materials, Inc.
- Nalco Company
- National Security Agency
- Procter & Gamble Company
- Shaw Industries Group, Inc.
- Sherwin-Williams Company
- Snap-on Inc.
- U.S. Navy
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Whether the mode of change is evolution, revolution, or disruptive, all of us must respond quickly in an increasingly competitive environment. The distinguished group of peers at The Conference Board always provides insights and benchmarks to sharpen our thinking on how to compete successfully in the 21st century.
Randall D. Ledford, Senior Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Emerson