Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Increasingly, organizations are vesting the design, implementation and management of new business models such as shared services and outsourcing into a new role—that of global business services, shared services, outsourcing, or enterprise operations leader. The Global Business Services Council is one of the first communities focused on serving the specific needs of the senior-most leaders working across business functions on a global basis. Members have the opportunity to learn, benchmark, drive research and the insights specific to working at scale, leading across cultures and time zones, and dealing with the entire enterprise as stakeholders focused on multiple functions or processes (horizontal or vertical) across geographies and business lines.
This Council allows for confidential and candid knowledge sharing and discussion about the challenges attendant to changing and operating business models across the enterprise including:
- Scaling and selling business services
- Operating virtually and across cultures
- Dealing with rapidly shifting corporate priorities within a dynamic economic and regulatory environment
- Making the right build or buy decision collectively and for each function/geography in scope
- Achieving a step change in performance through operational and continuous improvement practices
- Making sustainable change
- Managing career paths
OUR COUNCILS ARE...
Members drive the content, ensuring that their pressing issues are incorporated in discussions.
No vendors are eligible, ensuring an intimate environment conducive to candid peer exchange.
Access an exclusive invitation-only community of true peers who are at your level.
Members span industries and regions, allowing for a high-level discussion and a wealth of ideas on common challenges.
Meetings are held under the Chatham House Rule and group size is limited, ensuring meaningful interaction among members.
- 3M Company
- American Express
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Circle K Stores, Inc.
- Cummins Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Estee Lauder Companies Inc., The
- FedEx Corporation
- Ford Motor Company
- General Mills, Inc.
- General Motors Company
- Japan Tobacco International
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
- Kellogg Co.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Mars Incorporated
- McDonald's Corporation
- Nippon Sheet Glass Group
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Prudential Financial Inc.
- Silicon Valley Bank
- Starbucks Corporation
- UL LLC
- Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Zimmer Biomet
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
This Council members are knowledgeable and willing to share information. They’ve proven to be excellent professional partners. My network has grown and improved. I’ve learned that most companies are seeking to address similar issues and I’ve gained insights into how I may be able to help my organization achieve success more quickly.
Henry Alexander, State Farm Insurance
Senior-most business services executives including - Global Heads of: Multi-sourcing, Sourcing Transformation, Global Shared Services, Outsourcing, Offshoring, Global Business Services, and Chief Administrative Officers. Membership is by invitation only.