Balancing cost control and employee well-being: our jobs as benefits professionals have never been more demanding. Spiraling healthcare costs and pension issues are just two of the external factors that add to the complexity of our work. We discuss:
- Defined contribution plans and issues surrounding 401(k) and 401(a)(9) plans
- Retiree medical challenges
- Consumer-driven health plans
Our candid conversations help us to stay abreast of what other organizations are doing in this dynamic area and give us specific tools for improving our own programs.
- Ball Corporation
- Corning Incorporated
- Curtiss-Wright Corporation
- DHRA (Defense Human Resources Activity)
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Koch Business Solutions, LP
- New York Life Insurance Company
- Newmont Mining Corp.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Novartis Corporation
- Praxair, Inc.
- Prudential Financial
- Sempra Energy
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- TE Connectivity
- Toyota Motor North America
- Wells Fargo & Company
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
In today's fast rapidly changing work environment there are numerous communications on new, dazzling and different HR approaches. The Conference Board meetings bring many of these initiatives into a more realistic perspective. It seems like one of the members has tried everything. In both the meeting framework and the follow up networking, there is a tremendous opportunity to flesh out these ideas and determine whether they make sense for your organization.
G. Thomas Welsh, PPG Industries, Inc.
Candidates for the Council should have major executive responsibility for the employee benefits function, or be the person the company and the Council considers most appropriate for participation on the Council. Membership is by invitation only.