Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
During mergers and acquisitions the human dimensions and culture are as important, if not more critical, than the strategy, price, and positioning for the deal. The implications can range from obvious to subtle and immediate issues and actions often have long-term consequences. Effective human resources executives in the M&A space address the people and cultural issues early, strategically, and with discipline, playing a critical role in all phases of corporate development from due diligence through implementation planning and execution.
This Council provides a confidential environment where senior executives can share issues and solutions with others who have been there and will be there in the future. Members drive the council's agenda. Recent topics have included:
- Leadership evaluation and assessment
- The future of globalization and the implications for M&A
- Organizing and resourcing HR M&A
- Creating the human experience in M&A
- Measuring the value of people diligence
- Global economic outlook
- Leadership-to-deal value workshop
- A Primer on reverse Morris Trust transactions
- Using virtual modeling for M&A
- Tool demo (OrgVue)
- Strategy and timing for integration
Earn up to 10 CPE credits per meeting
Prerequisites: Senior most person responsible for HR M&A. Requirements: Delivery Method: Program Level: Intermediate; Advanced Preparation: None
- 3M Company
- AT&T Inc.
- Bayer Corporation
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Chevron Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- IBM Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Intermountain Healthcare, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- MasterCard Incorporated
- Motorola Solutions
- Newmont Mining Corp.
- Raytheon Company
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- UnitedHealth Group
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Senior most person responsible for the people and culture aspects of the end to end process for acquiring, and divesting entities for their organization. To be eligible, companies should be serial acquirers. Membership is by invitation only.