During mergers and acquisitions the human dimensions and culture are as important, if not more critical, than the strategy, price and positioning for the deal. The implications can range from obvious to subtle and immediate issues and actions often have long-term consequences. Effective human resources executives in the M&A space address the people and cultural issues early, strategically, and with discipline, playing a critical role in all phases of corporate development from due diligence through implementation planning and execution.
The HR M&A Council provides a confidential environment where senior executives can share issues and solutions with others who have been there, and will be there in the future. While the membership will ultimately drive the council’s agenda, initial attention is expected around research and collaboration in the following areas:
- Ensuring human dimensions get built into due diligence and integration planning from the beginning
- Building the strategic partnering skills and business acumen needed for HR to gain a seat at the table
- Strategies for influencing the effectiveness of senior leaders
- Sourcing tools to assess and address readiness, leadership alignment, and cultural dynamics
- Leading organization design and mobilizing the implementation of change
- Leveraging analytics to capture benefits
Earn up to 10 CPE credits per meeting
Prerequisites: Must be a senior HR Executive. Requirements: Members must attend meetings in-person for full credit. Delivery Method: Group-Live; Program Level: Intermediate; Advanced Preparation: None.
- 3M Company
- AT&T Inc.
- Ascension Health
- Bayer Corporation
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Chevron Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- IBM Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- JUUL Labs
- MasterCard Incorporated
- Newmont Mining Corp.
- Raytheon Company
- UnitedHealth Group
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources