Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights that help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
The CMO is arguably the least understood executive in the C-suite by both the outside world and internal audiences. Job specifications vary widely – much more than for other C-suite executives. And yet, while marketing may be the least understood business function, everyone thinks they are a good marketer.
In the best case scenario however, marketing is seen as a “must have” generator of business growth, innovation and reputation. As organizations look to differentiate and expand, marketing has taken on a new prominence across the enterprise and at the boardroom table. In short, today’s marketing leaders are more intertwined with the business and are expected to contribute to fundamental business transformation.
Our attention will focus on marketing challenges in business transformation, including growth, brand and reputation management, creativity, change management, and talent engagement. These business needs will drive our research, collaboration and application in the following areas:
- Balancing business leadership with marketing leadership
- Keeping apace and developing new skills in the rapidly-changing marketing environment
- Creating new marketing frameworks and transforming organizational capability
- Managing from big data to useful insights, and determining how to best develop the skills to function across the metrics area
- Developing the route to maximizing creativity and innovation
- Finding and fostering the best talent
- American Woodmark Corporation
- Bain & Company Inc.
- Baker McKenzie LLP
- CDM Smith, Inc.
- Cintas Corporation
- Deluxe Corporation
- First Republic Bank
- Freddie Mac Multifamily
- Genpact International
- Insight Enterprises
- Microsoft Corporation
- National Instruments Corporation
- Nestle USA, Inc.
- ON Semiconductor
- Penske Truck Leasing
- Shaw Industries, Inc.
- Sherwin-Williams Company
- Sprinklr, Inc.
- Steelcase Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- U.S. Bancorp
- United Nations Federal Credit Union
- Vizient, Inc.
- Wipro Technologies
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources