Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
A more dynamic and global business environment places workforce capabilities and effectiveness at the center of business strategy considerations. Senior HR Business Partners help business leaders understand and take appropriate actions on workforce issues that enable successful strategy execution. As integral members of the senior leadership team, Senior HR Business Partners apply business acumen, analytical problem solving, collaborative influence, and emotional intelligence to improve the capabilities and effectiveness of both senior leader teams and the workforce as a whole.
The Senior HR Business Partner Council provides a confidential environment where senior HR executives can share issues and solutions with others who have been there, and will be there in the future.
While the membership will ultimately drive the council’s agenda, initial attention is expected around research and collaboration in the following areas:
- Workforce issues associated with business strategy development and execution (e.g., engagement, workforce skills gaps, leader development and “bench”, performance metrics / management)
- Strategies for improving the performance of senior leader teams (performance measures, team dynamics, succession, talent gaps)
- Leading change programs where the workforce is central to expected synergies or value creation (strategy alignment, design, performance management, change management)
- Leveraging analytics to enable workforce planning and to solve workforce related problems
- Career paths and development plans for those with H.R. business partner roles and responsibilities
- AbbVie Inc.
- BNSF Railway Company
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- CSX Corporation
- FedEx Office
- General Mills, Inc.
- Healthfirst, Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Intermountain Healthcare, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Linde North America Inc.
- Marmon Group, Inc.
- Micron Technology, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Northwestern Mutual
- Papa John's International, Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
- Prudential Financial Inc.
- Rockwell Automation
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- Subaru of America
- Subaru of America, Inc.
- T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Vizient, Inc.
- Waste Management Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources