Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
This Council explore all aspects of executing strategy through acquisitions, divestitures, and partnerships. The complexity of combining (or separating) two entities can make or break a deal. We discuss:
- Strategy fit, integration metrics, and deal flow
- Change management in deal integration
- Partnerships as courtship
- Integrating sales teams
- Keeping acquired CEOs engaged
Many of our Members come from companies with recognized best practices in these areas; others have done extensive benchmarking on M&A activities that fuel top and bottom-line growth.
- ANSYS, Inc.
- American Express Company
- Applied Materials, Inc.
- Cox Enterprises, Inc.
- Dow Chemical Company, The
- Eastman Chemical
- Facebook, Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Medtronic, Inc.
- NRG Energy, Inc.
- STV Inc
- Sempra Energy
- Synopsys, Inc.
- Winnebago Industries, Inc.
- Wipro Technologies
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
The Council provides the opportunity to exchange ideas with the people at other companies who are on the line for delivering merger and integration results. We discuss high-level principles, and then we climb into the trenches with comments we have actually used. I'm developing relationships with experts that I can call on for advice. They know that I'll be there for them too.
William J. Quinn, Johnson & Johnson