Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights that help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Companies that are leaders in sustainability today (and those that strive to be) do more than reduce their footprint. They also embed sustainability principles into the core of their businesses. This Council is targeted at chief sustainability officers from innovative companies that have been working at sustainability for many years. These companies reshape and dramatically enhance sustainability efficiencies for their customers, which helps drive top-line sales growth. Discussions among council members cover:
- Setting the company’s sustainability strategy – or, more accurately, embedding sustainability principles into corporate strategy
- Super-pleasing customers – delivering products, services, and solutionsthat drive major reductions in a customer’s environmental footprint, while strengthening efficiency, decision-making, and competitive advantage
- Linking sustainability and innovation throughout the company – all driving toward zero footprint, bottom-line profit, and societal benefit
This Council provides a forum for chief sustainability officers to share ideas and best practices. Members discuss how they work to deliver products and solutions with sustainability principles at their core – and how they help integrate sustainability into R&D, strategy, and marketing functions.
- 3M Company
- Apex Tool Group LLC
- BASF Corporation
- Chemours Company, The
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
- Dell Technologies
- DuPont Company
- Duke Energy Corporation
- Ecolab Inc.
- Emerson Electric
- H.E. Butt Grocery Company
- HP Inc.
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Kohler Co.
- MasterCard Incorporated
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Pall Corporation
- Sempra Energy
- Smithfield Foods, Inc.
- Tate & Lyle Americas
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Trane Technologies
- Waste Management Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Chief Sustainability Officers (by title or de facto) are the primary members of this Council. Others will include vice president/director of technology, research & development, strategic planning, and marketing, who are engaged in developing products, services, and solutions that have sustainability principles at their core. Membership is by invitation only.