Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
This Council shares new ideas, solves problems, and builds relationships that enable us to benchmark and further both our own and our companies’ development in competitive analysis. Among other topics, we discuss:
- Economic and competitive financial forecasting
- Human intelligence elicitation and collection techniques
- Competitive Intelligence (CI) function agility, adaptability and results achievement
We pay special attention to the ethics of competitive analysis; our emphasis on confidentiality makes for an intensive exchange of ideas on this sensitive topic.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
A candidate standing for initial election to the Council must have major executive responsibility for the CI/CA function, must be the highest level “practitioner” within the company, or the person the company and the Council considers most appropriate for Council representation. A candidate standing for initial election to the Council should have a minimum of 4 years experience in the Competitive Intelligence field. The candidate’s objective for membership must be to learn by sharing experience/expertise. Membership is by invitation only.