Privacy has moved from a compliance issue to a strategic risk management issue. We examine how to communicate with government officials globally on the sensitive topic of privacy and how to balance privacy laws in different jurisdictions. We also discuss:
- Web 2.0 and beyond
- NTIA information policy - the state of play
- The privacy perfect storm
- Privacy legislation
We explore the ethics of privacy, learn about emerging technology issues, and compare best practices in this quickly changing field.
Earn Recertification Credits
Meetings are eligible for IAPP CPE credits
- AT&T Inc.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions
- CSL Behring
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Coca-Cola Company, The
- Dell, Inc.
- Educational Testing Service
- Global Payments
- HP Inc.
- Home Depot Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Levi Strauss & Co.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Procter & Gamble Company
- T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc.
- The Boeing Company
- Visa Inc.
- Western Union Company
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
The Council of Chief Privacy Officers is the best such group I have been associated with in my time as a compliance and privacy officer. The experience and expertise of the members and the relevance of the issues we consider are unmatched, and the quality of our discussions and the materials we exchange have been consistently superior.
Jay Cohen, D&B