Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights that help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Sustainability Council I: Strategy & Implementation
Every company needs to track, manage, and reduce its environmental and social footprint – in its own operations and in its supply chain. This Council is targeted at sustainability directors who grapple with these issues every day. Member companies span a wide range of industry sectors: aerospace, automotive, chemicals, electronics, food, manufacturing, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, power, and more. Learn how you can contribute to your company's bottom line while implementing its sustainability strategy.
Council members explore how companies and industry leaders:
- Establish the business value of sustainability and its impact on the bottom line
- Develop and integrate goals and metrics into business objectives to reduce footprint and costs
- Strengthen leadership involvement, risk management, incentives, disclosure, and reporting practices
- Integrate sustainability principles into operations and supply chains
- Establish robust processes for improving stakeholder engagement measurably
- Facilitate benchmarking of leading sustainability practices
We share ideas and best practices for integrating sustainability into business strategies and tactics.
- Advanced Drainage Systems
- Ameren Corp.
- Ashland Inc.
- Boar's Head Provisions Co. Inc.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Burns & McDonnell
- Central Garden & Pet Company
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc.
- DPR Construction, Inc.
- DTE Energy Company
- Deere & Company
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- Electric Power Research Institute
- FMC Corporation
- Fluor Corporation
- GFL Environmental USA
- Gates Corporation
- General Motors Company
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- HDR, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Momentive Performance Materials, Inc.
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Renewable Energy Group
- San Diego Gas & Electric
- Southern California Edison Company
- Target Corporation
- The Hartford
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc.
- Villanova University
- W.R. Grace & Co.
- Walt Disney Company, The
- Waste Management Inc.
- Waters Corporation
- Yale New Haven Health System
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Director or VP level with direct responsibility for developing / coordinating sustainability initiatives in the company – involving communicating the value of sustainability related to reducing footprint, risk and cost. Membership is by invitation only.