Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Collaborative learning and knowledge transfer are more critical today than ever before. Rapid changes in the marketplace are requiring organizations to learn faster and accelerate the flow of knowledge and experience across their employees, partners, suppliers and customers. Our mission is to advance the practice of collaborative knowledge sharing and transfer through perspectives on social and business processes, enabling technologies, and organizational culture. In particular, this Council focuses on:
- Benchmarking internal and external knowledge and collaboration programs in public and private sector organizations
- Development and application of knowledge and collaboration processes, practices and emergent technologies
- Informal learning, knowledge sharing and transfer of member experimentation with knowledge communities, data analytics, AI, machine learning and NLP technologies for enhanced knowledge content curation, search and access
- Harvesting and transferring KM and collaboration lessons learned, good practices and insights through facilitated conversations and group discussions
- Leading and enabling organizational culture change and leveraging cognitive diversity to optimize the sharing and transfer of enterprise knowledge across platforms, silos and boundaries
- Integration of KM culture, process and technology, supported by metrics, systems and structures.
This Council is member-driven and biased toward practical application. We prompt and provoke our thinking through engagements with leading practitioners, and thought leaders from research and academia. We use proven knowledge transfer facilitation and inquiry methods – the very methods we apply in our work – to enhance our own conversations and ‘braintrust’.
- Amgen, Inc.
- Boston Consulting Group, The
- Collins Aerospace
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Eli Lilly & Co.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- Medtronic, Inc.
- NextEra Energy, Inc.
- Novartis Corporation
- Oliver Wyman Group
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
I really look forward to the meetings. In my opinion, nothing compares to sharing ideas, challenges, and successes with other company leaders in the space. It’s great to know that I have a whole network of practitioners to call upon along the journey…and they, in turn, have called upon me. It’s a wonderful partnership.
Carol Csanda, State Farm
Senior managers who have primary responsibility for driving business value and creating organizational capability through collaboration, social learning and/or internal knowledge management and services. Membership is by invitation only.