Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Leadership is the single most important element in organizations today. Leadership is about mapping out an organization's future; it is dynamic, exciting and requires tremendous skill. Leaders set direction, build an inspiring vision and help others to do the right things. Those of us responsible for Leadership Development in an organization need to have access to the best resources available to help our organizations succeed. Joining this Council ensures you have a group of peers to learn from and with while exploring:
- Trends and the future of transformational leadership
- Integrating diversity, inclusion & equity into talent & leadership initiatives
- Exploring succession planning and leadership pipelines
- Curating leadership content
- Scaling leadership development using digital solution
- Change leadership is more than change management
- What is next in performance management?
- Fostering agility and other critical leadership competencies
- Reexamining high potential development
- Learner driven democratization of learning
Most exciting is that this Council is creating the first Leadership Learning Lab to exchange best practices and pilot new initiatives together.
- Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Ball Corporation
- Bank of America
- Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
- Chevron Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Fidelity Investments
- Fluor Corporation
- General Mills, Inc.
- General Motors Company
- Intermountain Healthcare
- Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Lowe's Companies, Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- State Farm Insurance Companies
- U.S. Navy
- US Department of the Air Force
- Visa Inc.
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
I rarely go to leadership development seminars as the content is usually high level and doesn’t allow for discussion around the real issues. However, I always find time to attend the Leadership Development Council because we spend the majority of the time sharing lessons learned and coaching each other on how to implement leadership development in our companies.
Chris Arvin, Caterpillar Inc.
I love my Council membership. It is a place to discover, dialogue and dive deep into the topic of Leadership Development. It has been an invaluable to me to be able to network with my peers across many different industries.
Lisa Gary, Wachovia Corporation