Business Unit CFOs continue to gain importance as strategic drivers of the company and the skill set demanded from them keeps on growing. Long ago are the times that pure data management and reporting are enough. Today’s top Business Unit CFO’s are key business leaders so this Council brings together high-achieving BU CFOs with roles within global organizations – men and women who make their mark. This is a business led council that will focus on three key aspects of CFO leadership: business impact, operational impact and organisation/people impact.
Topics cover a wide range of aspects relevant to a modern senior finance leader, from the vital questions of the world economy to key business trends and what you need to know to excel in these times. It directs attention to the burning issues and fields of action for BU CFOs and enables the joint exploration of visions and strategies to address the fields that might “keep you up at night”. It also addresses key aspects as personal as well as organisational leadership such as how to develop a high-performing finance organization and how to develop oneself further.
Business Leadership: Driving strategic impact
- Understanding global economic risks and trends
- M&A and Alliances vs other sources for growth
- Growth vs turnaround
- Working with a new CEO or executive team - managing relationships well
Operational Leadership: Day-to-day excellence in reporting and risk management
- Reporting structure and reporting cycles
- Trends in operational excellences
- The role of compliance, ethics and risk management
- Key issues to be aligned & worked by the Council team
Organizational and Personal Leadership: Building a high-performance finance organization
- Stepping into a new global role and setting yourself up for success
- How to build an optimal Finance skill set in your organization
- Financial Leadership and the power of telling a data story
- Managing your impact, image and brand as a BU CFO
Watch the Webcast on "The Influential Finance Leader"
Practical strategies and key research on high-influence finance leadership
Who Should Join?
- Senior finance executives with business unit responsibility within a global or EMEA organisation - BU must have revenue of min 1 billion
- Typically reporting to the CFO Divisional or Category level or Group level
- An established member of the senior leadership community within their organisation, e.g. one of the Top 200
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers is the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the council value. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
- Collective topic selection and problem solving that put your issues on the agenda
- Informal, Real-time Benchmarking of current approaches by member companies to the most challenging issues faced by product development
- Multi-industry insights and best practices from non-competitive peers via in-depth discussions
- Performance accelerating ideas for a key growth engine for your company
- Networking, reputation building and access within your peer community
What Happens at a Meeting?
- Presentations by members or external experts on topics selected by members
- Discussions on leading edge or “day to day” issues picked by and moderated by members
- Panels where 2-3 members share experiences on a topic
Council Director, CFO Business Unit Council