Design continues to become a more prominent and valuable business competency, rising from a role broadly characterized by aesthetics and decoration in most corporate organizations to one of strategic leadership and business value today. It has become a strategic partner in uncovering customer, brand, and business insights, and creating solutions that drive business results and cultures. As Design becomes more deeply integrated into traditional spaces like brand and business purpose, marketing, insights, equity, identity, experience, innovation, sales, and product development, it also finds its way into less traditional – and arguably more profound – areas of the business enterprise as well. These areas include: corporate culture; operations, manufacturing, and supply chain; IT, knowledge management, and business analytics; digital services, solutions, and communications; experience development; and even human resources, talent management, and employee engagement. Being able to effectively leverage Design can provide an essential advantage in today’s business environment.
In the Design Leaders Council, members direct the content and direction of the group to address their business needs, challenges, opportunities, and priorities. Areas of interest may include:
- What is Design, strategic design, or Design Thinking, and how/where do these fit in my organization?
- Best practices for leveraging and elevating Design as a strategic business competence
- Cross-functional integration of Design to help drive value for business across the organization
- How to best organize to maximize the role, contributions, and value of Design in our business and culture
- Tools, processes, methods, and models utilized by leading companies, innovators, and start-ups
- Measuring the value and impact of Design on our teams, our culture, and our business
Be in on the conversation
By bringing together a select group of senior executives who occupy similar roles at the world’s leading companies and organizations, The Conference Board Councils give you access to an elevated level of conversation you won’t find anywhere else. As a Council member you will gain insights beyond your industry, region, or point of view through confidential communities, meetings, and events.
Council membership benefits
- Trusted peer groups who provide insights and new approaches to your business
- Problem solving through our “Peer Assist Process”, tailored to meet your organization’s needs
- Multi-function learning alongside your peers from related or totally distinct functions and geographies
- Virtual online communities beyond in-person meetings where members share documents and contact peers
- Exposure to timely topics to leverage opportunities and expand your knowledge base
- Access to subject matter experts and access to our insights and research on key business issues
What happens at meetings
- Presentations by members or external experts on topics selected by members
- Discussions on leading edge or “day to day” issues picked by and moderated by members
- Panels where 2-3 members share experiences on a topic
Who should join?
Design and business leaders responsible for leveraging and elevating design strategically within their organizations