How are top companies handling the increasing competition for global business talent at the executive level? Are their succession management practices keeping pace with todayâ€™s complex and growing talent needs? Our new research examines top corporate leadership succession practices: their success factors, the missteps they avoid, and regional and industry variables. We also look at the role of the board in supporting succession across complex, multinational organizations, as well as the way Human Capital leadership development practices support and foster C-suite and CEO succession planning.
Connect with our experts on this topic
Attend an in-person briefing, presented by the researcher
Watch a webcast, featuring Q&A with the researchers
- Innovative Succession Management for Increased Business Impact
January 19, 2017 11:00 AM ET
- 2016 Trends in CEO Succession
- Human Capital Watch™: Is Your C-suite Pipeline Ready?
Learn more about the researchers
More thought leadership on this topic
- How Well Do Corporate Directors Know Senior Management?
- Interim CEO: Reasonable Choice or Failed Selection?
- Diversity on Corporate Boards: How Much Difference Does “Difference” Make?
- Women on Boards: Beyond Quotas
- Preparing for a Succession Emergency
- Is Short-Term Behavior Jeopardizing the Future Prosperity of Business? (CLO Strategic Implications)
- Emerging Practices in Cyber Risk Governance
- The Conference Board CEO Challenge® 2015: US Edition
- The Conference Board CEO Challenge® 2016: General Counsel Strategic Implications
- 25 Truths about Executive Coaching
- Succession Management That Delivers Results: Simple, Relevant, Agile
- Handbook on Corporate Governance in India: Legal Standards and Board Practices
- CEO and Executive Compensation Practices: 2015 Edition
- The Next Frontier for Boards: Oversight of Risk Culture
- Rethinking Today’s Succession Strategies to Address Tomorrow’s Business Reality
- CEO Succession Practices: 2015 Edition
- CEO Succession Practices: 2014 Edition
- CEO Succession Practices: 2013 Edition
- CEO Succession Practices: 2012 Edition
- CEO Succession Planning: Current Developments, Shareholder Activism, and Disclosure Practices
- The 7 CEOs: Developing an Impactful Hi-Potential Program
- How To Enhance Your Career With A Trustee, Advisory or Non-Executive Director Role
- Outsider CEOs Are on the Rise at the World’s Biggest Companies
- Internal Hires Need Just as Much Support as External Ones
- Why CEOs Don’t Get Fired as Often as They Used To