Companies are evolving all the time: they grow, then split off into smaller parts, acquire and divest, innovate products, processes and services, adopt new technologies and engage differently with their customers and employees. And so it has been for centuries. But today, some might argue, there are fundamental paradigm shifts that are bringing companies as we have come to know them in past decades, to a different model. Regardless of past success, disruptive forces are rendering company and industry-wide structures and business models obsolete and profoundly altering the way we work and how companies create value.
Perhaps more than anything else digitization will be the key to the change in organizations and the people associated with them - be they workers, shareholders, customers, suppliers or frankly society as a whole. There are multiple forces which impact the relationship between the digital revolution and how the company of the future will look. What is the next phase of this evolution? What will the organization of the future need to look like, need to act like, to be successful? And what are the implications for the workforce, but specifically for leadership and talent: where it will be sourced, what skills will be needed and how will companies manage this evolving workforce? This moment therefore is crucial for organizations to reflect upon their strategy of the future.
What this means to your organization
The Conference Board C-Suite Challenge 2019
Executive Action Reports
In 2019, What's Keeping CEOs Up at Night?
The Conference Board’s Chief Economist, Bart van Ark, went on the Knowledge@Wharton radio show to discuss key takeaways from our latest C-Suite Challenge, an annual survey of CEOs and C-Suite executives from across the globe. Share the Podcast Here
Connect with our experts on this topic
Join our experts and leading executives:
Watch a webcast, featuring Q&A with the researchers
- The Conference Board Human Capital Watch™ C-Suite Challenge -- Building a Future-Ready Organization
- The Conference Board Economics Watch® - C-Suite Challenge 2019: Transforming the Future
Read a Blog about the topic
- It’s time for CMOs to rally a cross-functional approach to customer experience
- What skills are necessary to build the future-ready organization?
- C-Suite Challenge™ 2019: What it means for Innovation
- European Business Leaders Anxious About Recession Risk
- C-Suite Challenge 2019: Labor Markets Implications
Learn more about the researchers