Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Wedged between staggering statistics and stagnant policies, employers faced with a growing labor shortage find themselves challenged to motivate and retain experienced workers who are eligible to retire. This report, a project of the Engaging Mature Workers Working Group, presents the results of the Board's Life Planning Survey, which explored the retirement intentions and perspectives of 1645 employees aged 50 and above.
- Work and life
- 12 Strategies to Manage a Mature Workforce
The full report also includes:
- 41 charts and 12 tables
- An interview profiling CIGNA's Encore Program
- A presentation of work on aging by Dr. David H. Wegman of the University of Massachusetts-Lowell
- An appendix of organizational resources
- Quotes from over 80 "voices"