Michael Docherty, author of Collective Disruption and CEO of Venture2 Inc.
Workshop includes special guest presentations from practitioners:
Stan Lech (corporate executive perspective), President, Pharmamax Corporation, Previously VP Wellness R&D, GSK Consumer HealthcareMr.
Steven Rosenbaum – (entrepreneur’s perspective), CEO, Waywire Networks, Founder, Magnify Media
This workshop provides corporate leaders with a framework and tools for organizing and leading breakthrough innovation efforts within mature enterprises that traditionally struggle with risk and uncertainty.
Companies searching for new sources of growth must learn how to pursue higher risk, transformative innovation outside of their core. And they need to do this within organizations that are optimized for a focus on sustaining today’s business. The collective disruption model brings together the best of corporate and entrepreneurial approaches for transformative growth. You’ll learn how to successfully apply entrepreneurial methods within the enterprise and how to partner in new ways with startups to co-create breakthrough new products, services and businesses. In addition to providing a framework and roadmap, this workshop will include compelling case studies from companies that are leading the way in this movement, including Johnson & Johnson, Cisco, Jarden and others.
Workshop participants also get free access to an easy-to-administer online transformative innovation readiness assessment for you and up to 10 of your internal stakeholders prior to the workshop.
In this session, you will learn how to:
- Apply the Polarity Thinkingtm Innovation Assessment to your business to assess transformative innovation readiness and identify key opportunities and barriers
- Organize internally to undertake transformative innovation, addressing key success factors including leadership, autonomy, and integration
- Explore new incubation models that leading companies are using successfully, including co-creating with startups and entrepreneurs
- Identify the actions you can take to dramatically improve your ability to build a balanced portfolio of core, adjacent and transformative innovation
Who should attend:
- Senior executives interested in developing the capability for ambidextrous innovation – addressing a balance of core to breakthrough innovation
- New business creation leaders within large companies, charged with developing new sources of growth within mature organizations
- Innovation executives responsible for engaging with external partners and the startup ecosystem
Key topics include:
- Assessing Your Readiness for Transformative Innovation
- Harnessing Creative Tensions for Integrative Approaches to Breakthroughs
- The Era of Disruption
- The Collective Disruption Framework
- Alternative Models for Business Incubation
- Transforming the Organization
For more information, download the full agenda.