The Role is primarily a telephone sales position for invitation only peer-to-peer executive networks (councils) and other products and services of The Conference Board (TCB). Responsibilities include recruiting executives for approximately 35 Councils in a wide range of corporate functions and other Executive Leadership Programs, increasing corporate member engagement and generating new business ranging from €400,000 to €600,000 annually. The Manager, Council Development reports to the Director, Executive Programmes and is a part of a fully integrated Council Team. The team includes Council Managers, Associates, Regional Customer Relationship Managers, Council Directors (subject matter experts), administrative staff and others.
- Annually generate €400,000 to €600,000 in new Council revenue through the sales of councils and potential other executive leadership programs, which has a direct and recurring impact on total Conference Board revenue.
- Demonstrate effectiveness by consistently hitting (and exceeding) sales targets.
- Effectively communicate the value of TCB's councils and other programs and services to approximately 600 senior executives through both oral and via phone and written means.
- Ensure to possess knowledge about relevant topics, upcoming meeting dates, member changes and other Council business to maximize ability to recruit new members
- Develop, manage and refine full cycle Council sales process in a unique operating environment of member-driven Councils that require application and eligibility procedures, as well as collaboration with Council Directors and current council members.
- Understand and have a working knowledge to extemporaneously discuss the focus, initiative, agendas, themes and membership of councils in your portfolio.
- Work directly with respective 7-8 Council Directors to create and implement membership strategies for each of their Councils and ensure the councils are adhering to recommended membership procedures.
- Assist in the creation of new councils by providing insights to members’ evolving needs
- Work independently and in partnership with Regional Directors (RD) to grow council member participation within specific companies, to ensure corporate renewal and new opportunities each year.
- Keeps Regional Directors informed of conversations with members or non-members in their region, providing new insights to industry issues, company priorities, strategies, and issues so that the they can better focus their discussions with members.
- Coach, train, develop and give guidance to Council Development, Associates to support council growth and ensure succession planning of Council Development team.
- Support the Director in any way necessary to achieve the goals of the department.
- Keep database updated anytime. Make necessary prospects changes, enter call report, keep sales pipeline up-to-date, etc
- Work on specific membership projects as needed.
A successful candidate for the role will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years work experience, with a minimum of 2 years in sales
- Have work experience that includes knowledge of selling business services to C-level executives
- Have knowledge of corporate structures and the various executive roles which exist
- Have the ability to communicate with senior executives and decision
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be comfortable with the fact that this role is 90% based on telephone sales
- Be organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Be customer focused with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of database management
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Be able to work under pressure and within deadline to meet monthly targets
Apply for Manager, Council Development using the link below:
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.