If you lead your company’s intellectual property function, you are likely responsible for protecting, managing and monetizing your company’s most valuable intangible assets in a rapidly changing global environment. Not only are the legal and policy backdrops to intellectual property management continuing to morph globally, but also the way IP is being viewed and used by the company is undergoing constant changes with focus on improving company return on investment. No longer is leading the corporate IP function purely a legal or technical function; you must bring value to your organization by being up to speed on emerging opportunities and challenges across multiple disciplines in order to leverage your IP knowledge in a business forward manner.
Membership will ultimately drive the Council’s agenda. Our agenda regularly includes topics in the following areas:
- Best practices in the development and management of global organizations, including the recruitment and organizational development of intellectual property lawyers and professional staff plus the infrastructure tools used by an IP organization
- Best practices in the creation, management and monetization of global IP portfolios
- Legal and non-legal risks, along with business opportunities in the changing global environment that impact IP value and the return creative IP exploitation can provide to the company
- Recent developments in licensing, challenging, and defending IP rights
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the Council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of Council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of Council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from 125+ Councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources