The Committee for Economic Development (CED) of The Conference Board seeks a part-time (approx. 15-20 hours/week) research assistant for the fall and/or spring semesters, to work in our office in Arlington/Rosslyn. This is a paid position, ideal for an upper-level undergrad or graduate student currently studying at a DC-area university.
- The research assistant would work with senior research staff at CED to produce content for policy statements, reports, and various initiatives (foundation-funded projects).
- The research assistant/intern’s primary tasks will include economic analysis, data retrieval and presentation, conducting literature reviews, writing and editing policy analysis, regularly scanning/tracking online research resources and news, and attending events/meetings/hearings in DC relevant to CED issue areas (at request/invitation of senior staff).
- The research assistant/intern will sometimes assist with outreach and communications work (including social media) and administrative tasks in support of the senior research staff’s responsibilities and output.
- Occasionally, he/she will be asked to help the entire CED staff in any “team efforts,” especially around CED events and conferences.
- The research assistant/intern should have completed some college coursework in economics and/or other social sciences.
- He/she should have strong writing and analytical skills and be well versed in Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Additionally, some familiarity with federal tax and budget policy—and with website design—would be helpful for a particular project we are starting in October.
TCB doesn’t discriminate / we are an equal opportunity employer in all solicitations or advertisements for employees.