Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Window On: Infrastructure Investment
MAY 26, 2021
About this Webcast
Can potholes, dilapidated buildings, and old bridges lead to faster economic growth and productivity? Explore how infrastructure investment, done right, may help drive gains in the global and US economies.
By Attending, Viewers Will:
- Learn from experts both the benefits and pitfalls of public investment in infrastructure.
- Discover how infrastructure might both contribute to faster economic growth and jobs creation, but also potentially crowd out investment elsewhere and stoke inflation.
- Understand how fiscal multipliers can provide more bang for the buck, but also how delays and poor governance dull the positive effects.
- Hear why the US, in particular, gets a grade of C- on its public infrastructure, and what the current Administration plans to do about it.
- See The Conference Board estimates of the potential impact of these plans on federal budget deficits and debt, and US GDP, unemployment, inflation, and interest rates.
Who Should Attend:
C-Suite members and their reports; economists and researchers; public policy practitioners