The Webcast and Multi-Media Production Specialist is responsible for pre-production, production and post-production work for various live events, interviews, webcast programs and all other aspects of the digital media function. This includes shooting interviews/b-roll and editing internal and external projects including product demos, corporate videos and image spots. It also includes the preparation and testing of slides, animation, recorded video and other graphic material used in webcasts and other digital media programming, pre-production testing of speaker and studio audio and video, technical crew during productions and the recording, editing, testing and archiving of productions.
Reports to the Director, Global Webcast Programs. Works in close collaboration with other members of the webcast team and colleagues from all areas of The Conference Board.
Principal Direct Activities
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Works as part of the webcast and multi-media team to deliver consistently high quality productions that are at the leading edge of production and delivery.
- Produces and records a wide range of content including interviews with executives, organic graphic elements and b-roll of employees, events and various locations.
- Edits a wide range of internal and external projects on Adobe Premiere Pro or other platform, ranging from basic interviews to audio podcasts, demos to corporate videos and higher end promotional spots.
- Coordinates and communicates across multiple levels within the organization – from pre-production to post-production – to create high quality productions in a fast paced environment
- Works with IT staff on the maintenance of the webcast studio and control room. Works with IT to install and maintain production and post-production hardware and software. Stays current with all related technologies. Tests and implements regular improvements in the digital media production environment.
- Actively participates in the production of live webcasts, sometimes as director and sometimes as crew, precisely following established processes and checklists. Takes responsibility for the quality of the final product in all aspects by following approved procedures, keeping records, actively solving problems, documenting solutions, and improving procedures.
- Follows precise checklists for meeting preparation, including but not limited to: adding upcoming events to the website, setting up equipment (audio bridges, platform resources, in-studio and remote equipment), providing basic webcast technical support which may include diagnosing and troubleshooting web browser, bandwidth, and other internet-related issues.
- Creates, posts and updates webcast descriptions, video and audio clips and other material on the website. Creates and sends HTML marketing e-mails.
- Creates high quality PowerPoint slides and other graphics for use in digital media productions. Works closely with colleagues in all areas of The Conference Board to set and maintain consistently high quality graphic standards.
- Conducts technical reviews and training with external speakers and colleagues in the studio, both in New York and remotely around the world as needed, to test audio and video capabilities, promoting the highest production standards.
- Contacts speakers to acquaint them with TCB video webcast processes, schedules and conducts video tech calls, obtains speaker photos and bios, and updates the website and marketing material.
- Alternately serves as webcast director or webcast crew during live webcasts. Must be able to set up and run a live video webcast with speakers in the studio and on remote location as required. Works closely with the rest of the webcast and multi-media team, speakers, and other technical and creative staff in the studio and at remote locations to insure the highest quality technical and creative standards.
- Knows and can quickly and calmly apply contingency plans for dealing with common problems that can occur during a webcast.
- Records webcasts. Edits, tests and archives all productions.
- Works with subject matter experts to schedule and prepare for press release videos and webcasts, coordinating staff scheduling to make sure uploads to external channels happen on a timely basis and maintaining all procedures for the handling of secure material.
- Serves as video and audio technical support for additional digital programs, such as podcasts and promotional videos. Is familiar with current editing hardware and software needed to produce high quality, creative programming quickly and consistently.
- Works closely with marketing and web teams to develop programs to incorporate video and other digital media into the TCB website and social media platforms.
- Performs additional duties and projects identified by the Director, Global Webcast Programs, and/or the Senior Vice President, Products and Services.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in live video production and delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of current webcast and social media technology.
- An understanding of the particular pressures of live programming, including the need for precise adherence to set procedures, flexible work hours as necessary to accommodate a global webcast schedule, quick thinking and calm problem solving, and a passionate desire to produce consistent, creative programming of the highest quality.
- Comfortable in a studio or field production environment supporting live video productions as technical crew, including the use of remote speakers and pre-recorded video.
- Strong knowledge of video editing programs, ideally Adobe Premiere Pro, video and audio codecs.
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, and other presentation development programs. Knowledge of Flash a plus.
- Experience with digital workflow including the compression and delivery of projects in a digital medium
- Need to be able to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and complete on deadlines
- Must be a flexible team player who can easily work with peers to be a lead technician for some events and a support technician on other events
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be comfortable working/communicating with senior level management and executives
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to calmly work under pressure.
- Strong Internet and Web technical skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of HTML
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (CS5)
- Experience with streaming media a strong plus