Being a well-educated, entrepreneurial, articulate and consultative sales professional, The Audience Development Manager has overall responsibility for the in-house sales team of Account Developers and Delegate Sales Executives.
The Audience Development Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding departmental revenue targets by recruiting, managing, training, motivating and leading the team. The Audience Development Manager is expected to “lead by example” by personally engaging in selling activity.
Success in the position requires the Manager to possess drive, integrity, openness, charisma as well as the ability to discuss global business issues, the stature and presence to engage meaningfully with C Suite executives, the ability to synthesize and articulate to prospects the value proposition of attending The Conference Board events, and the ability to sell to executives in all key functions.
Reports to the Executive Director of Engagement – Economies, Markets & Value Creation or Marketing Director
Principal Direct Activities
- Overall responsibility for in-house sales team of Account Developers and Delegate Sales Executives.
- Responsible for recruiting sales talent, managing, developing, training and motivating the individuals that comprise the sales teams.
- Accurately forecasting, reporting activities and results to senior management.
- Implementing sales best practices and leading by strong example.
- Personally developing key accounts.
- Work closely with production, marketing and sponsorship functions to deliver successful events.
- Identifies new business opportunities through analysis.
- Responsible for achieving personal and team sales and account targets.
- Projects knowledge, energy and enthusiasm about TCB conferences. Helps senior executives apply TCB conferences to specific business situations in their company.
- Responsible for achieving team sales KPIs (including but not limited to account contacts, dial rates, pitch time, close rates).
- Effectively communicates the value of TCB conferences to senior executives and other executives who are potential attendees. Projects knowledge, energy and enthusiasm about TCB’s conferences.
- Works closely with production, marketing and sponsorship leadership to deliver successful events.
- Accurately forecasts and reports activities, call feedback and results to management.
- Responsible for conducting performance reviews with team members.
- Responsible for working with TCB employees in other geographic regions, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- 3-4 years of sales leadership experience is required in a conference, event or media organization.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Thorough understanding of delegate sales and sales processes in general.
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude, client-service oriented.
- Ability to work with and present to senior level executives.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excel at managing multiple tasks at one time and perform in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Degree of competence with MS Excel. Demonstrable ability to create and work with simple pivot tables.
- Must possess a bachelor degree, advanced degree preferred.