Research Assistant, Economics (Brussels-based)
The Research Assistant will be engaged in a variety of research projects in Economics on the European economy, international labor markets, economic growth and productivity.
Reports to the Labor Market Economist in the Brussels office. As required, assistant may receive day-to-day work assignments from other staff members in the economics department as well as in the European office. The incumbent may seek support from research assistants and interns.
Principal Direct Activities:
- Support in research projects in topics related to macroeconomics, labor economics, productivity and the global economic outlook.
- Collect data and conduct data analysis using official statistics datasets and household surveys.
- Supports the production and release of various deliverables, including webcasts, notes and reports and briefings, on The Conference Board’s continuous analysis of trends in the European economy.
- Supports the organization, maintenance and the development of The Conference Board Global Labor Market Database, and related databases. Monitors quality of data used in program as well as efficient use. Develops a familiarity with various international and country data sources, understanding of data limitations.
- Supports the production and release of various deliverables on international labor markets with a strong focus on Europe, including current analysis and commentary, in a timely manner (meeting all deadlines etc.).
- Tabulates data and performs basic statistical and logical analyses of research results.
- Maintains knowledge of the principal sources of information pertaining to developments in his/her research areas. Performs background studies including literature searches.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at university level that includes a specialization in economics.
- The position is heavily focused on data analysis. Experience in economics data and analysis is therefore essential. Candidate should be detail-oriented; a responsible independent worker who has the ability to effectively work on many projects simultaneously and meticulously meets deadlines.
- Working experience with Excel is required. Programming skills and experience with statistical software (Stata, SAS, Eviews, etc.) is preferred.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Please consult www.conference-board.org for more information on the company.
Please submit your application by email only, in English, with Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, Administrative Manager, Human Resources.
Deadline for applications is January 31, 2013.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.