These are common business issues based on years of data collection done here at The Conference Board. Browse through the issues by topic to find the answers.
Governance & Business Ethics
- How do we avoid becoming the target of shareholder activism?
- What are our regulatory obligations toward shareholders when expanding global operations and how can we balance all our stakeholders' expectations?
- What are the ethical challenges of running a global business?
- How can we attract external capital given the existing financial crisis and what are our options?
- How can we reposition our company in the market given recent changes in corporate ownership and market volatility?
- How can we strengthen the role of our board to protect ourselves against risk management failures?
- How are companies reorganizing to achieve effective risk management?
- How are companies managing risks within their supply chains?
- How can companies move toward more risk management solutions that are not merely compliance-driven?
- How can ERM become part of corporate strategy and tie in with performance management?
- How can a company proactively manage reputation risk?
- How do we measure and effectively communicate results of citizenship and sustainability strategies to our markets and stakeholders?
- How do we integrate citizenship and sustainability thinking into our strategy and value proposition?
- What management systems and governance structures best capture citizenship and sustainability opportunities while lowering risk exposure?
- Which standards and policies for managing climate change, carbon, and energy efficiency do we need to consider and why?
Corporate Finance & Measurement
- What internal processes and structures support seamless communication between operations centers in different regions?
- What are best practices for managing supplier training, certification, and project-mentoring initiatives in cross-border operations?
- How does organizational structure create alignment and enable company success?
Diversity & Inclusion
- How can diversity improve business performance?
- How can work/life strategies and policies increase employee attraction and engagement?
- What strategies and practices can improve engagement and retention of diverse talent?
- How can cross-cultural diversity improve employee engagement and business performance?
- How does corporate commitment to diversity stimulate innovation and growth?
- What are the challenges organizations encounter when working to attract, develop, and retain women?
- How can organizations identify and optimize multi-generational differences?
Human Capital Analytics
Strategic Workforce Planning
- What priorities should we set to ensure that our human capital investments support our business strategy in the current economy?
- What HR challenges/opportunities are likely to threaten/strengthen our competitive advantage globally and regionally?
- How should we adjust our portfolio of jobs, skills, locations, and talent management practices to produce the best workforce mix for today and for tomorrow?
- In what areas would talent improvement have the greatest impact on our strategic goals?
- How can we factor economic uncertainty/volatility into workforce planning?
- How can we best evaluate whether our human resources management strategies are effective?
- How can we build/maintain a value proposition that is sufficiently flexible to attract, motivate, and retain a global workforce?
- How can I measure the effect of employee engagement on company performance?
- How can my company demonstrate the connection between individual and business unit or enterprise-level performance?