What Has Business Learned During the First Eight Months of the Trump Administration?
27 September, 2017 | (01 hr)
Sign In to access this Webcast
After eight months in government, what should executives be most focused on when considering the risks and opportunities presented by Trump Administration policy and conduct. Window on America returns this month with our panel of experts in economics and business policy. This webcast is designed to help your firm:
- Learn which aspects of the tax reform debate to pay closest attention to and how veteran CEOs assess changes in tax policy in the context of developing business strategy
- Evaluate the consequences of the reopening NAFTA negotiations and how assess risks related to changes in US trade policy
- Consider executive and legislative actions on regulations and how these are shaping opportunities for firms
- Examine how a deal lowering the risk of US debt default could change how firms should evaluate other risks connected to US government policy
- Reassess your organization’s strategy to influence policy debates on key issues following the recent dissolution of two business councils created by the President
Learn about the policy matters that could dramatically alter your business strategy – and have your questions ready for this interactive program.
Who Should Attend: Those with an interest in the economic, business, and policy direction of the US and Global economy.
Earn 1 CPE credit
Requirements : Attendees must be logged on for the duration of the webcast, participate in all interactive polls, and request credits via the on-screen form. Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based Program Level: Intermediate, Prerequisites: Bachelor’s degree or higher, Advanced Preparation: None
Ethan Cramer-Flood is the associate director of The Conference Board’s China Center for Economics and Business. Based in New York City, he helps direct the Beijing-based China Center and supports The Conference Board’s Asia-based operations in Hong Kong and Singapore. Cramer-Flo...Full Bio
Ilaria Maselli is a senior economist for Europe at The Conference Board. Maselli has also been affiliated with the Brussels-based think tank the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) since 2007; her latest position is research fellow.
Steve Odland is the president and CEO of the Committee for Economic Development of The Conference Board (CED).
Previous business experience includes: chairman and CEO of Office Depot, Inc.; chairman, president, and CEO of AutoZone, Inc.; president and CEO of Tops Markets, Inc.; president,...Full Bio
As Regional Director Nils Gerber is responsible for the membership base of The Conference Board in Germany and Austria. The Conference Board counts many leading German companies among its membership including BASF, Bayer, Deutsche Post DHL, Deutsche Telekom, Merck, SAP and Siemens. Nils is respon...Full Bio
Brian Schaitkin is a Senior Economist in U.S. Economic Outlook & Labor Markets at The Conference Board. He is part of a team working to expand The Conference Board’s previous work on labor shortages. In addition, he will be leading efforts to expand coverage of regional economies in the...Full Bio