Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
The Labor Market After COVID-19
APRIL 23, 2020
The US and European labor markets have been turned upside down since the rapid outbreak of COVID-19. In the US, the toll on unemployment is worse than it was during the Great Recession, especially for workers in the travel, hospitality, accommodation, and entertainment industries – though economic decline is visible across all industries.
Companies are struggling to figure out how to handle an extreme decline in business activity while maintaining their qualified workers. And different labor market policies across the globe mean that US and European companies have different approaches to deal with this crisis.
Join our expert economists as they examine:
- The latest labor market data and (un)employment projections for the rest of 2020
- Retention strategies for companies
- The differences between the US and European labor markets
- Working from home and for which occupations this might be easier
- Differences across US regions and consumer categories
Who Should Attend: Executives with strategic responsibilities, especially in HR, strategy, and finance