Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights that help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
How to shift the focus from individuals to team-centric organizations
MARCH 03, 2020
It’s not unusual to have “teams” of high performing individuals, which have low collective performance. Equally, we see high performing teams and functions in organizations that are rapidly losing ground to competitors. It's time for a major shift in thinking by both HR and business leaders about how they motivate teaming behaviors not just within but between teams.
In this fast-moving presentation, David Clutterbuck explores how to replace heroic leaders with distributed leadership and co-ownership of team purpose.
- How to create a more effective balance between focus on individuals and focus on teams
- How to build a coaching culture within teams
- How to help leaders let go of the “heroic” model
- How to develop, hire and use team coaches
- How to begin engaging with the evolving concepts of “teams of teams'