Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights that help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Beyond the Hype: Real Workforce Trends in the Gig Economy
DECEMBER 11, 2018
The hype about gig, or nontraditional, workers—that this segment of the workforce is growing rapidly—is out of line with hard data. This webcast will explore the real trends in gig work and online labor platforms and discuss how organizations are using gig workers to meet business demands.
Join our panel of experts, who will explore:
- Real trends in nontraditional work, including participation trends in online labor platforms
- Factors both limiting and encouraging employers’ use of nontraditional workers
- How organizations are using nontraditional work arrangements to meet business demands
- Approaches to attracting and engaging nontraditional workers based on insights from business executives leading initiatives around the nontraditional workforce
- Platform-friendly occupations and how employers can use online labor platforms to fill certain roles
Who Should Attend: CHROs and other mid- and senior-level managers and directors who lead their organization in areas such as Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management. This program will also be of interest to anyone who would like to experiment with hiring through online labor platforms or with other methods of engaging and retaining their nontraditional workforce.