Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Policy Watch: Advancing the Post-Pandemic Workforce
APRIL 15, 2021
While GDP is expected to recover to pre-pandemic levels by mid-2021, the post-pandemic economy will be significantly different from the economy of January 2020. The pandemic’s acceleration of trends in remote work, digitization, and automation could permanently reduce demand for low-skill workers and require a radical transformation of the workforce to avoid a less competitive US workforce and locking in even deeper inequalities.
The pace of change demands a workforce of life-long learners that can continually learn and develop new and needed skills. In response, the US will need to execute a comprehensive, collaborative strategy for preparing, upskilling, and reskilling a future-ready workforce.
As an attendee of this webcast, you will learn:
- The impact of COVID-19 on the workforce.
- What the post-pandemic economy will look like.
- The leading skills in demand in the post-pandemic economy.
- How the US can prepare and train the American workforce for the demands of the next economy.
- The main components of a comprehensive, collaborative strategy for preparing, upskilling, and reskilling a future-ready workforce.