Many leading companies and trade groups question whether the current pace of improvement in workplace safety is enough, and have adopted best practices that they believe will drive their injury and illness rates down further and faster. This study, based on a list of 23 best management practices and a survey of 68 safety executives, is a benchmark on corporate safety culture and a rating of the policies and best practices that affect corporate safety performance.
- Developing a Safety Culture
- The Role of Regulation
- Best Practices in Policies and Programs, Management Practices, Supervisor Procedures, and Employee Involvement
- What is the Most Successful Best Practice?
Full Report Also Includes:
- Case studies of Alcoa, Baxter International, Eastman Kodak, and Motorola
- Benchmarking Best Practices in Worker Safety and Health Survey