Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights which help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Softening Internal Structure: Case Studies from L’Oréal, Travelex, and Haier
August 2017 | Case Studies
To build the strategic capabilities for digital transformation, companies must often dismantle parts of their formal organizational structure to allow more informal ones. Examples include:
• Social networks formed through person-to-person and group-to-group interactions;
• Collaboration that crosses the lines that separate functions, levels,and geographies;
• Project-based teams that add or shed members as needed;
• Decentralized decision-making to support agility and speed; and
• Greater transparency and information-sharing.
The case studies highlight how L’Oréal, Travelex, and Haier have changed their internal structures to drive digital transformation.