What is the Global Benefits and Compensation Roundtable?
The Global Benefits and Compensation Roundtable is a quarterly educational webinar, hosted by The Conference Board, focused on cross-border retirement, welfare, and executive compensation topics affecting multinational businesses.
The mission of the Roundtable is to: (i) provide education in an area that is becoming increasingly important and where knowledge is not concentrated in a small number of source materials or among a discreet group of professionals; and (ii) address current topics that inherently involve cross-border considerations as contrasted with a country by country review.
To carry out its mission the Roundtable will provide its Members, without charge:
- a quarterly, 75-minute long, webinar streamed live globally:
- a home page with internet access to the recording of each meeting and to written materials presented at the meeting or subsequently uploaded to the website; and
- live engagement on the issue at hand between roundtable members and remote members.
The Roundtable Meeting Structure
Speakers: One or a panel of professionals with expertise in the specified topic will speak at each meeting. Written materials will be prepared by the presenters for each meeting.
Advisory Members: The Roundtable website identifies the multinational companies and the entities that provide services in the different disciplines involved cross-border matters discussed (legal, accounting, consulting, actuarial, trust and custodial, banking, investment and plan administration professionals) who are Advisory Members of the Roundtable. Advisory Members are asked to designate a person within their organization with experience or an interest in the particular topic being discussed at each meeting. During the time allotted after the speaker presentation, the Advisory Member representatives at the Roundtable will engage in a dialogue adding additional comments and perspective with respect to the presentation.
Members: Topics discussed at Roundtable meetings will be of interest to HR, Tax, Finance, Treasury and Risk Management personnel within the multinational company, as well as to the wide range of their professional advisors and service providers (e.g., accounting, legal, tax, banking, investment and benefits administration). A Member can virtually attend the meetings as well as access prior meeting recordings, written materials and comments by other Members. There is no limit on the number of Members from the same organization or entity. Becoming a Member requires a complimentary registration. There is no charge to Members.
The meetings will be recorded and can be viewed through the Roundtable Member site. These materials will be archived by The Conference Board, and a library developed, accessible through the web.
What Specific Topics Will Be Discussed?
The Roundtable will cover a distinct topic at each session. Each of the topics involves cross-border considerations, as contrasted with common issues faced in multiple jurisdictions.
A partial list of topics to be covered includes:
- The EU Directive on Pensions: Are Multinationals Establishing A Commingled Investment Vehicle To Pool Assets of Plans?
- Global Plan Governance; Functions of Global Plan Governance for the multinational corporation.
- The OECD – Its Pension Activities: Alternative Investments, Governance Guidelines and More
- Top-Up Global Defined Contribution Plans for the Executive Nomad
- Adoption of Liability Driven Investment for Defined Benefit Plans on a Global Basis
- Parent Company Liability for Underfunded DB Plans of Subsidiaries in the US and the UK
What Is The Benefit of Attending?
The purpose of the Roundtable is to provide education in an area that is becoming increasingly important and where knowledge is dispersed. Written materials will be prepared by the presenters for each meeting. These materials will be archived by The Conference Board and a library developed, accessible through the web. The meetings will also be recorded and can be viewed through The Conference Board website.
When will the Roundtable be meeting?
DATE: May 14, 2019
TIME: 12-1:15PM Eastern US Time
TOPIC: Collective Defined Contribution Plans
- Lynn Dudley, Senior Vice President, Global Retirement and Compensation Policy, American Benefits Council
- Arthur Kohn, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Howard Pianko, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Janet VanAlsten, Program Director, The Conference Board, Inc.
** Registration will open in March 2019. **
How do I join the Roundtable or access past webinars?
Roundtable Members can access past webinars on the Roundtable Member Page here.
To request an invitation to join the Roundtable group or webinar, please contact Michael Mahoney, Program Manager, Governance Center, at GovernanceCenter@conferenceboard.org. When requesting an invitation, please be sure to include your full contact information and list of your responsibilities.