Companies forge alignment in various ways—by breaking down silos, integrating systems, coordinating business unit activities to achieve objectives. This report, based on a survey of 86 corporations and more than 30 interviews with corporate senior executives in Europe and North America, identifies best practices in leading a successful alignment strategy from a senior management perspective.
- Different Approaches to Strategic Business Alignment (SBA)
- Factors That Enable or Inhibit Alignment
- SBA as a Challenge for Management
- Meeting the Challenges
- Does Less Aligned Mean Less Well Managed?
- Indicators of Strong Alignment
- Some Companies Remain Weakly Aligned—What are the Commonalities?
- Approaches to Achieving Alignment
- Strength of Alignment vs. Soft Approaches
- Building Alignment Within Different Organizational Contexts
Full Report Also Includes:
- Company Examples: Centex Corporation; a Healthcare Equipment Provider; Monsanto company; Nestlé, S.A.; Pfizer Inc.; and BP p.l.c.
- Profile of Survey and Interview Participants
- Key Recommendations
- 10 Tables and Charts