This report, based on discussions at The Conference Board Global Corporate Governance Research Center's regional meeting in Frankfurt in July 1999, focuses on corporate governance issues that dominate the current debate in Europe.
- the strengths and the challenges of current European corporate governance models
- the future of co-determination
- the role of the European Union in the corporate governance debate
- listing in the United States
- creating a pan-European SEC
- guaranteeing a level playing field for voting policies and practices
- the outlook for the annual general meeting