Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights that help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
This report, based on panel discussions from a meeting of The Conference Board's Global Corporate Governance Research Center, looks at the major corporate governance issues of interest to, and intervention strategies used by, institutional investors around the world today.
- Background: The Global Institutional Investor Community
- What Corporate Governance Issues Are of Most Concern for Domestic and International Investment?
- How Are Corporate Governance Issues Linked to Investment Considerations?
- How, and When, Do Investors Intervene with Companies on Corporate Governance Issues?
- key findings
- excerpts from: Hermes International Corporate Governance Principles, CalPERS' Corporate Governance Core Principles and Guidelines, and TIAA-CREF's Policy Statement on Corporate Governance
- insights from representatives of: Asian Development Bank; CalPERS; Fidelity Management and Research Company; Hermes Pensions Management Ltd.; National Association of Pension Funds; Public Employees' Retirement Association, Colorado; SPP Investment, Standard Life Investments Ltd., TIAA-CREF