In 1998, 12,000 M&A transactions were reported, and some of them broke previous records as the largest deals ever conducted. In this report, based on presentations made at the 1999 Post-Merger Integration Conference, executives and business experts share their experiences in developing a strategic context for M&A integration, creating a corporate culture, and measuring integration success.
- examining the urge to merge
- implementing the strategy to match the vision
- getting the systems right: integrating IT
- communicating integration
- the HR challenge
- The role of knowledge management: how to enhance value in the new company
- defining the yardstick: measuring integration success