This is the second of two major publications resulting from the Measure of Success project, a research project of The Conference Board in collaboration with the Committee to Encourage Corporate Philanthropy (CECP), funded by the Ford Foundation. The project is designed to explore the current corporate perspective on and practices in measuring corporate citizenship performance. This report presents a discussion of the evolution of corporate citizenship and how the political debates surrounding the topic have influenced measurement practice; an overview and inventory of commonly used measurement techniques; and a discussion of measurement as a management tool in the design and implementation of corporate citizenship programs.
- The Evolution of Corporate Citizenship
- Internal Measurement Approaches
- External Measurement Approaches
- Measurement as a Management Tool for Corporate Citizenship
- The Bottom Line
- An overview of key sectoral initiatives
- Nearly thirty tables and charts