The Conference Board Committee on Corporate Political Spending is a committee of leading American corporations dedicated to accountability, transparency, education, and engagement on issues of political activity.
When this Committee published its first report in 2010, investors were demanding companies open up about political contributions in the wake of the Citizens United decision. Today, many companies are facing additional investor demands about the disclosure of lobbying activities at both the state and federal government levels. The Governance Center intends to continue looking at the issues surrounding corporate political spending through the feedback of this Committee.
Engages the business, media, government, and academic sectors and broader stakeholders in an ongoing dialogue about the role and responsibility of corporations in the political process
Deepens corporate understanding of the potential benefits and risks of political activity, whether direct or indirect
Has developed resources for the business community around corporate political spending, disclosure, and accountability
- Altria Group
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Chevron Corporation
- General Electric
- Pfizer Inc.
- Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG)
- PulteGroup, Inc.
- United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS)
- Wesley Bizzell, Assistant General Counsel & Director of Political Law & Ethics Programs, Altria Client Services (Committee Chairman)
- Darrin Lim, Partner, Politicom Law (Advisory Board Chairman)
- Dan Bross, Former Senior Director, Business and Corporate Responsibility, Microsoft
- Bruce Freed, President, Center for Political Accountability
- Keir Gumbs, Partner, Covington & Burling
- Robert Kueppers, Co-Chairman, Money in Politics Subcommittee at the Committee for Economic Development; Former Vice-Chairman & Deputy CEO, Deloitte
- Michael Petro, Executive Vice President, Committee for Economic Development
- Ann Ravel, Fellow at New America Professor University of California, Berkeley School of Law; Former Chairwoman and Commissioner, Federal Election Commission
For more information on the Committee, or on how to get involved, please contact the Governance Center's Engagement Manager, Merel Spierings, at email@example.com or +1 212 339 0403.