Our Centers and Initiatives gather distinguished executives in facilitated, private and public sessions to discuss pressing and longer-term issues.
The Governance Center adopts a multi-functional perspective on the issues. You will now find programs that integrate ethics, compliance, enterprise risk management, sustainability, and shareholder activism into the view. Plus, you will have access to all of The Conference Board’s research on these interrelated disciplines.
As a member of the Governance Center, you will participate in a thought-leading forum to:
- Engage with other corporate executives and institutional investors in a confidential, non-adversarial setting;
- Hear from outside experts about emerging issues, discuss and get counsel on your most pressing governance, ethics, and enterprise risk challenges;
- Examine issues from an interdisciplinary perspective; and
- Drive landmark research that contributes to advancing best practices.
The China Center for Economics & Business conducts frontier economic and business practice research, and convenes issue-focused working group meetings with leading thinkers, to provide the information needed for decision-making excellence in business and productive, constructive policy debate between industry, academia, and government.
The China Center for Economics & Business delivers tangible benefits to its members, specifically:
- Improved ability to gain early warning signals to changes in business- critical measures of the Chinese economy _ Improved ability to measure and manage risk of disruption in strategy as well as to set reasonable objectives based on a deep structural understanding of Chinese economy
- Better understanding of short and mid-term policy and regulatory trends and objectives, through dialogue with select experts and access to the thinking of key policy makers, typically in an informal environment
- Improved strategic direction, including comparative guidance for gauging China’s changing investment and market environment against other countries
- Access to a C-Level peer network to get deeper understanding of China, local best practices, and hone operational response
- Access to an inventory of China and global data and presentation materials to enhance planning and presentation at the most senior
The Initiative for Sustainability helps you develop the competencies needed to embed sustainability into your company’s strategies, policies, and operations. Our goal is to enable you to identify – and capitalize on – opportunities arising from the global demand for sustainable products and services.
As a member of the Center for Sustainability, you will:
- Examine issues from a global, enterprise-wide and cross-functional perspective;
- Engage in discussion about the role of the board and the C-suite in the governance of sustainability;
- Hear from experts and benefit from research about current and emerging best practices;
- Share your experiences, exchange lessons learned, and enjoy dialogue with your peers; and
- Have the opportunity to select one of your board members to join the Directors Council on the Governance of Sustainability.