Direct online access to a wealth of both qualitative and quantitative information on labor markets–and the institutions and policies that influence employers–for more than 60 economies.
One-stop shop for global labor market information
The Conference Board Labor Market Institutions (LMI) Handbook® provides a “one-stop shop” for members to quickly access detailed, country-specific information about labor markets across the globe—and to make cross-country comparisons from reliable sources.
The handbook covers 63 countries which account for more than 97% of the global economy.
For each country, the handbook contains:
- Information on the institutional features and policies affecting employers, including:
- employment protection
- minimum wage laws
- collective bargaining
- employee benefits
- hours and human rights
- retirement and tax policies
- Information on the economic and demographic features of the domestic workforce, such as:
- education level
What this means to your organization
Member companies will find this resource useful in guiding their business decisions and best practices–especially regarding:
- Gaining familiarity with the labor market environment in countries where they currently operate;
- Comparing labor market environments in the context of making decisions about where to locate abroad;
- Gaining information on the quantity, quality and typical compensation of workers across countries.