May 1, 2013
The Role of Proxy Advisors
The final public forum, convened by The Conference Board Task Force on Corporate/Investor Engagement and led by the Advisory Board on Corporate/Investor Engagement, examined the role of proxy advisors in corporate/investor engagement.
Program Chair: Kayla J. Gillan, Leader, PwC Investors Resource Institute
The task force and advisory board would like to thank the following individuals for their contribution this the public forum.
- Martha L. Carter, Ph.D., Global Head of Research, and Managing Director of Corporate Governance, Institutional Shareholder Services, Inc.
- Ambassador James K. Glassman, Co-Author, How to Fix Our Broken Proxy Advisory System, George Mason University, Mercatus Center; Member, SEC Investor Advisory Committee
- Michael P. McCauley, Senior Officer, Investment Programs & Governance, Florida State Board of Administration
- Robert McCormick, Chief Policy Officer, Glass Lewis & Co.
- Charles G. Tharp, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Center on Executive Compensation
- William Ultan, Senior Managing Director – Corporate Governance,
Morrow & Co., LLC
- Sarah Wilson, Managing Director, Manifest