The Products and Services Associate is a junior sales position for Councils (invitation only peer-to-peer executive networks), Diversity Boot Camp, Academies and Conferences. Responsibilities include lead generation for approximately 70 Councils in a wide range of corporate functions, selling seats for Academies, Diversity Boot Camp and conferences. The Products and Services Associate reports to the Senior Manager, Products and Services and is a part of the Membership Team. The team works in conjunction with the DAS, Executive Directors, Council Program Directors, Council Managers and others.
The position reports to the Senior Manager, Products and Services
Principal Direct Activities
- Learns sales process by shadowing 1 sales managers and completing sales training.
- Practice sales process by selling councils in 2 to 4 companies per regional territory.
- Work closely with DAS, Products & Services Manager to leverage key contacts within companies to increase product engagement.
- Generate 10 qualified new leads per week – including the research of Council wish list companies
- Qualify leads with 40 Council Program Directors
- Compile membership reports for approximately 5-10 individual councils
- Work directly with 5-6 Program Directors to create and implement membership strategies on each of their Councils
- Analyze territories to identify prospects for new products
- Identify, qualify and close sales for Diversity Boot Camp and Academies
- Follow up on Council quits and non-payments
- Promote and sell conference seats
- Support current membership team members with projects as needed
- Support the Associate Director, Products and Services in any way necessary to achieve the goals of the department.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- College graduate with 1-2 years post graduate work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Customer focused with excellent interpersonal skill.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of database management.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.