Builds and monitors the overall budget for the entire Engagement operation and assists leadership with the management of the budget, forecast and operating performance. In conjunction with the Executive Directors of Engagement, supports the relationship of The Conference Board with council executives and conference participants. Conducts research and provides input into plans to measure and increase the participation of executives in TCB council and conference programs. Analyzes and tracks results.
Reports to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and works closely with Senior Vice President and Executive Directors of Engagement.
Principal Direct Activities
- Builds the budget for the Engagement operation through bottom-up procedures that incorporate input from the various engagement teams, marketing managers and the meeting planners. Approximately $27M Revenues.
- Creates and trains Engagement teams on their roles in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Prepares monthly forecasts and accruals.
- Analyzes Operating results with each Executive Director of Engagement and their team members.
- Evaluates profitability of all meetings and new products.
- Analyzes vendor spending, reconciliation and payments. Directs savings efforts, develops expense management strategies.
- Helps with the development of business plans for new products.
- Performs a critical Accounting role responsible for revenue recognition and business accruals, identifying variances from budget/forecast and recommending corrective actions.
- With Associate Director of Product Sales, prepares a series of monthly reports and analysis on Sales Force Productivity- goals, leads, sales completed.
- Provides metrics on council member and conference participants by region, company, level etc.
- Tracks and Measures Customer Satisfaction from evaluations and feedback. Analyzes and reports results to all stakeholders-Program Directors, Executive Directors of Engagement and their teams.
- Utilizes a variety of management tools including customer relationship management system, spreadsheets, listserve, mail merge, etc.
- Reviews current participation in programs, including, speakerships, meetings attendance and utilization of management and economics research. Provides reporting to Membership and Council Sales and Executive Directors of Engagement and their teams.
- Conducts Business Research on participants and their companies. Identifies key business issues. Investigates areas of interest to council and conference attendees by secondary research, including Hoovers, IDExec. Capital IQ, Datamonitor, Leadership Directory, company websites, etc.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a finance related area.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related business experience (Accounting a plus).
- Financial planning and analysis experience.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized, with thorough knowledge of data management tools including customer relationship databases, spreadsheets, listserv, etc. and the use of information available in databases and on the internet.