Support our nonpartisan, nonprofit research and insights that help leaders address societal challenges.Donate
Our Human Capital Management (HCM) Oversight Working Group focused on the roles boards, shareholders, and other stakeholders play in HCM and corporate culture and led to a report offering practical insights on how all the players can carry out their responsibilities effectively: Brave New World: Creating Long-Term Value through Human Capital Management and Disclosure.
We have held the following meetings:
- a kick-off meeting that set the agenda for the Working Group (May 2019);
- a meeting delving into the substance of human capital management, including its relationship to corporate culture, the elements of HCM that most affect stakeholder value, and trends in the workforce and workplace (September 2019);
- a meeting that addressed the board’s multiple roles with respect to HCM and corporate culture, the levers that boards have to affect HCM, and implications for the board’s composition, structure, and operations (January 2020);
- a meeting focusing on how a board can fulfill its roles – in particular, what information the board needs to do its job and best practices in reporting to the board and its committees on this topic (June 2020);
- a final meeting that covered HCM communications: how companies can communicate authentically and effectively about human capital with various constituencies (September 2020).
If you are interested in receiving the takeaways from any of these meetings, please send an email to ESG Center's program manager Merel Spierings at email@example.com. (Please note that only ESG Center members are eligible to receive any materials relating to this meeting.)