How do you measure innovation—and innovation potential? First, determine the signposts of innovation in your organization, industry, and business environment. Then choose metrics that assess progress. This research aims to help companies do both. We will develop new metrics (such as an index) that provide future perspectives on innovation at the sector and industry level, and that measure innovation preparedness at company level. We will engage our members to bring their real-world expertise to the selection of innovation signposts and relevant metrics. The result: a measurement system that monitors not just past innovation but potential for innovation going forward.
Report | CEO Implications- Coming Soon November 2017
CHRO | CLO- Coming Soon November 2017
Connect with our experts on this topic
Attend an in-person briefing, presented by the researcher
Attend a conference on the topic
Watch a video about this topic
Our council members discuss: What measure of innovation are you missing most?
David Williamson, Vice President, New Product Development, Educational Testing Service (ETS)
James Strikeleather, Chief Innovation Officer, Executive Strategist, Dell
Erin Grossi, Director of Strategy, UI Labs and Former Chief Economist, UL Inc.
Connect with us on Twitter
Learn more about the researchers
More thought leadership on this topic
- Inclusion + Innovation: Leveraging Diversity of Thought to Generate Business Growth
- Designing Global Businesses for Innovation and Growth
- How Much Does Your Company Really Invest in Innovation?
- Productivity and Digitalisation in Europe: Paving the Road to Faster Growth
- China Center Chart of the Week: Intangible investment in China has grown rapidly – but is it efficient?
- Collaborative Innovation Accelerates IoT Product Development
- Innovation & Employee Engagement in the Digital Workspace
- Liberating Innovation Teams for Scale & Creativity
- Living Open Innovation: Not New, but New for You
- Succeeding at Strategic Innovation
- Culture: Engaging the Innovative Spirit
- Human Capital Watch™: Inclusion as a Key Lever to Drive Innovation