What are the reasons behind the slowdown in trade in the past decade, and what role do changes in global value chains play?
- Causes of the global trade slowdown (slow GDP, transition to services economies, and higher value chain contributions from emerging markets)
- Is the recent recovery cyclical or permanent?
- Can changes in global value chains play a role in limiting global trade? For example, what is the role of technological change, transportation costs, and risk assessments in the integration (or defragmentation) of GVCs?
- What is the outlook for GVCs in the future? What is the outlook for the fragmentation/ defragmentation of international production?
- What do changes in global value chains mean for trade agreements?
Expert Briefings connect you and your team with our experts, who will translate the latest research and economic analysis into insights you can use to guide your business strategy now and answer your questions in real time.Request an Expert Briefing